CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionIn a series of authoritative essays, this book examines in depth how museums globally are succeeding - in many different ways - in reaching and involving social groups traditionally overlooked or excluded from the museum experience.It will act as an invaluable and inspiring guide for any museum, gallery or cultural organisation - large or small - intent on engaging with the broadest possible audience. Among the topics covered are: Guests are our Heroes; Mainstreaming Outreach: Taking Audiences to the Core; Museum Provision for Visually Impaired Visitors; Participation and Personalisation; Social Media to Social Impact; The Long-Term Impact of Social Inclusion Initiatives; The Virtuous Circle: Community Engagement; Collaborating Artistically with People with Disabilities; Consultation or Confrontation; Transforming the Elitist Museum; Language Learning for Migrants and Asylum Seekers; and Planning for Young Children and Families.
- Date of Publication30/06/2010
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight791 g
- Width216 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.