Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionA highly readable and authoritatively written book with an important message for US industry and government in a world of long-term uncertainty of gasoline price and availability. The author argues persuasively that current low fuel prices and the relative lack of competition in the US auto market are creating an unwillingness by US car companies to invate and take risks to improve their product. Needed product improvements relate t only to fuel ecomy, but also to a wide range of techlogical features. Choice The halcyon days of low oil prices in the 1980s are fated to give way to ather major oil crisis, asserts the author of this comprehensive, carefully documented analysis. Researched under the auspices of the Federation of American Scientists, this study presses for development of automotive fuel ecomy techlogies. Bleviss focuses on two interrelated themes--the spector of ather oil crisis and its effect on the light transportation industry. Foreign makers of light vehicles are already ahead of domestic automakers in developing new fuel ecomy techlogies. The study suggests that unless the United States moves aggressively to develop these techlogies w, the nation will be unprepared for the severity of the approaching world-wide crisis and for the research advantage gained by foreign industry.
- Author BiographyDEBORAH LYNN BLEVISS is Executive Director of the International Institute for Energy Conservation.
- Author(s)Deborah Lynn Bleviss
- Date of Publication08/08/1988
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuorum Books,U.S.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight579 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.