All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere can be area of human experience that has generated a wider range of powerful feelings than war. Jon Stallworthy's classic and celebrated anthology spans centuries of human experience of war, from Homer's Iliad, through the First and Second World Wars, the Vietnam War, and the wars fought since. This new edition, published to mark the centenary of the outbreak of the First World War, includes a new introduction and additional poems from David Harsent and Peter Wyton amongst others. The new selection provides improved coverage of the two World Wars and the Vietnam War, and new coverage of the wars of the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries.
- Author BiographyJon Stallworthy was a poet and Professor Emeritus of English Literature at Oxford University. He was a Fellow of the British Academy, and the author of many distinguished works of poetry, criticism, and translation. Among his books are critical studies of Yeats's poetry, and prize-winning biographies of Louis MacNiece and Wilfred Owen (hailed by Graham Greene as 'one of the finest biographies of our time'). He was an editor of The Norton Anthology of English Literature and of the definitive edition of Wilfred Owen's poetry.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication26/06/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleOxford Books of Prose & Verse
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight430 g
- Width136 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byJon Stallworthy
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.13
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.