All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionThe New Phemelogy: A Philosophical Introduction is the first available introduction to the group of philosophers sometimes associated with the so-called 'theological turn' in contemporary French thought. This book argues that there has t been a 'turn' to theology in recent French phemelogy, but instead a decidedly philosophical reconsideration of phemelogy itself. Engaging the foundational works of Emmanuel Levinas and Michel Henry, as well as later works by Jacques Derrida, Jean-Luc Marion and Jean-Louis Chretien, the book explores how these thinkers offer a coherent philosophical trajectory - the 'New Phemelogy.' Contending that New Phemelogy is of relevance to a wide range of issues in contemporary philosophy, the book considers the contributions of the new phemelogists to debates in the philosophy of religion, hermeneutics, ethics, and politics. With a final chapter looking at future directions for research on possible intersections between new phemelogy and analytic philosophy, this is an essential read for anyone seeking an overview of this important strand of contemporary European thought.
- Author BiographyJ. Aaron Simmons is Assistant Professor of Philosophy at Furman University, USA. He is the author of God and the Other: Ethics and Politics After the 'Theological Turn' (2011), and the co-editor of Reexamining Deconstruction and Determinate Religion (2012), and Kierkegaard and Levinas: Ethics, Politics and Religion (2008). Bruce Ellis Benson is Professor of Philosophy at Wheaton College, USA. Among his many publications are The Improvisation of Musical Dialogue (2003) and Pious Nietzsche: Decadence and Dionysian Faith (2008).
- Author(s)Bruce Ellis Benson,J. Aaron Simmons
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight529 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.