All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionThe New Potter: English-Japanese Bilingual Reader is Volume Two of the World English Bilingual Readers Series. This series consists of stories from around the world written bilingually with carefully controlled vocabulary and grammar making them suitable for learners and users of both English and other languages. A variety of realistic and exciting themes encourage reading for pleasure. Parallel series include Bilingual Readers and Translation Workbooks to encourage self-study, teaching/learning and translation to/from other languages. The Bilingual Readers support user preference being presented in 2 formats depending on the language that appears first in each paragraph. These Bilingual Readers also provide an expert translation solution for the complementary Translation Workbooks, which can be used to stimulate written and/or oral translation. The New Potter - Grandfather is becoming too old to make pots anymore. Who will take over his work? His grand-daughter Jamilah is the only person interested, but making pots is t a girl's work.
- Author BiographyPeter & Susan Hassall are authors of a number of books written for and by students of World Englishes including their well-known ESSC series output following implementation of the Extremely Short Story Competition [ESSC] held in the UAE, Japan and Lithuania. Having worked in Higher Education in the Middle East, South-East Asia and the Pacific Rim, Peter & Susan Hassall have been presented three English Speaking Union awards at Buckingham Palace by HRH Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, President of the ESU. Yuko Takeshita is a professor of English and intercultural communication at Toyo Eiwa University, Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan. During her 30 plus years of experience of teaching, she has published various kinds of books for Japanese users/learners of English, and articles on Asian Englishes and intercultural communication. Some of these concern the Extremely Short Story Competition in Japan that she was responsible for, in cooperation with Peter Hassall.
- Author(s)Peter John Hassall,Susan Hassall
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication12/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight118 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Translated byYuko Takeshita
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.