The New Professional's Handbook: Your Guide to Information Services Management by Antony Brewerton, Sheila Corrall (Paperback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $90.39Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $9.30Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNewly qualified library and information staff are thrown in at the deep end in their first jobs, where they are expected to function as skilled practitioners. They find themselves in a world where techlogical developments and global competition are changing the shape and reach of information services. The scale and speed of change present constant challenges to develop awareness and understanding of the wider environment in order to improve local services. Their need for support in their professional development is particularly acute at this stage in their careers. This easy-to-use manual aims to provide that support at both operational and strategic levels. It is designed to help new professionals make sense of the contemporary information world and devise effective strategies for developing their skills and services. It brings together a host of useful sources covering the professional and managerial aspects of information work, introducing key concepts and techniques in a coherent framework, and using practical examples to illustrate current organizational and service trends. The book offers a global cross-sectoral perspective on information resources and services, covering strategy and marketing as well as day-to-day operations. The thematic arrangement means that each chapter can be used as a self-directed training module, or as the basis of a session with a supervisor or mentor. Packed with activities and reflection points, the book encourages a critical approach through the use of questions and also offers antated bibliographies providing quick access to relevant publications, websites and organizations worldwide. Readership: Particularly valuable as an on-the-job reference source for those working towards chartered/corporate membership of professional bodies, this workbook also makes extremely useful reading for students and lecturers, staff development officers, those returning to employment after a break, and established professionals in search of fresh perspectives or career development.
- Author BiographyProfessor Sheila Corrall is Chair of the Library & Information Science Program at the University of Pittsburgh. Antony Brewerton is Head of Academic Services at Warwick University Library.
- Author(s)Antony Brewerton,Sheila Corrall
- PublisherFacet Publishing
- Date of Publication25/10/1999
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFacet Publishing
- Content Notebibliography
- Weight513 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.