All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $40.39Free postage
- AU $40.37Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionAfter years of rapprochement, the relationship between Russia and the West is more strained w than it has ever been in the past 25 years. Putin's motives, his reasons for seeking confrontation with the West, remain for many a mystery. Not for Mikhail Gorbachev. In this new work, Russia's elder statesman draws on his wealth of kwledge and experience to reveal the development of Putin's regime and the intentions behind it. He argues that in order to further his own personal power, Putin has corrupted the achievements of perestroika and created a system which offers future for Russia. Faced with this, Gorbachev advocates a radical reform of politics and new fostering of pluralism and social democracy. Gorbachev's insightful analysis moves beyond internal politics to address wider problems in the region, including the Ukraine conflict, as well as the global challenges of poverty and climate change. Above all else, he insists that solutions are to be found by returning to the atmosphere of dialogue and cooperation which was so instrumental in ending the Cold War. This book represents the summation of Gorbachev's thinking on the course that Russia has taken since 1991 and stands as a testament to one of the greatest and most influential statesmen of the 20th century.
- Author BiographyMikhail Gorbachev was the last leader of the Soviet Union, serving as General Secretary of the Communist Part from 1985 to 1991. Since then, he has maintained an active role in world affairs through the Gorbachev Foundation, a non-profit think tank which promotes democracy and humanitarian initiatives globally.
- Author(s)Mikhail Gorbachev
- PublisherPolity Press
- Date of Publication27/05/2016
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolity Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight890 g
- Width159 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine42 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.12Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.