Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.37Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique book represents the first multi-disciplinary examination of ageing, covering everything from basic cell biology, to social participation in later life, to the representations of old age in the arts and literature. A comprehensive introductory text about the latest scientific evidence on ageing, the book draws on the pioneering New Dynamics of Ageing Programme, the UK's largest research programme in ageing. This programme brought together leading academics from across the arts and humanities, social and biological sciences and fields of engineering and medical research, to study how ageing is changing and the ways in which this process can be made more beneficial to both individuals and society. Comprising individual, local, national and global perspectives, this book will appeal to everyone with an interest in one of the greatest challenges facing the world - our own ageing.
- Author BiographyAlan Walker is Professor of Social Policy and Social Gerontology at The University of Sheffield. He is a Fellow of the British Academy, holds lifetime achievement awards from the British Gerontological Society and the Social Policy Association and was the ESRC's first Impact Champion (2013). He directed the New Dynamics of Ageing Programme 2005-14.
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication20/08/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleThe New Dynamics of Ageing
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Weight653 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byAlan Walker
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.