The New Six-Point Plan for Raising Happy, Healthy Children by Dr John Rosemond (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $38.86+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.17Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.57Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionIn a logical, well-articulated manner, Rosemond provides many examples, making this a practical rather than philosophical reference . . . Rosemond's thorough explanations and real-life examples make this a valuable resource for parents of both young and older children. --Library Journal Rewned and respected family psychologist John Rosemond blames child-centered parenting books from recent decades for creating a generation of dependent, often defiant children. He sets the record straight in <i>The New Six-Point Plan for Raising Happy, Healthy Children</i>, an updated version of his highly successful book published more than fifteen years ago. Booms in techlogy and mass media have created significant changes in society in the last two decades. The text in this revised book has been thoroughly updated to reflect today's society, yet the foundation of Rosemond's timeless and effective approach remains constant. He encourages families to return to tried-and-true, fundamental parenting truths that people did naturally before the new science of parenting : * Parents aren't their children's friends; they are their leaders. * Parents are at the center of a family-t kids. * Your marriage must come before your children. Each chapter includes easy-to-relate-to questions from parents, which Rosemond answers with both common sense and a sense of humor. For families feeling overwhelmed by competing advice about parenting, this book will ground them with logical, proven approaches to the most significant challenges parents face today. From issues such as self-esteem and discipline to television and chores, this straightforward guidance will facilitate a return to parent-centered families where children are raised into responsible adults.
- Author BiographyJohn Rosemond is a family psychologist who has directed mental-health programs and been in full-time private practice working with families and children. Since 1990, he has devoted his time to speaking and writing. Rosemond s weekly syndicated parenting column now appears in some 250 newspapers, and he has written 15 best-selling books on parenting and the family. He is one of the busiest and most popular speakers in the field, giving more than 200 talks a year to parent and professional groups nationwide. He and his wife of 39 years, Willie, have two grown children and six well-behaved grandchildren.
- Author(s)Dr John Rosemond
- PublisherAndrews McMeel Publishing
- Date of Publication01/08/2006
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAndrews McMeel Publishing
- Weight562 g
- Width150 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.