All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.68Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
About this product
- DescriptionThe Dispossessed has been described by political thinker Andre Gorz as 'The most striking description I kw of the seductions-and snares-of self-managed communist or, in other words, anarchist society.' To date, however, the radical social, cultural, and political ramifications of Le Guin's multiple award-winning vel remain woefully under explored. Editors Laurence Davis and Peter Stillman right this state of affairs in the first ever collection of original essays devoted to Le Guin's vel. Among the topics covered in this wide-ranging, international and interdisciplinary collection are the anarchist, ecological, post-consumerist, temporal, revolutionary, and open-ended utopian politics of The Dispossessed. The book concludes with an essay by Le Guin written specially for this volume, in which she reassesses the vel in light of the development of her own thinking over the past 30 years.
- Author BiographyLaurence Davis holds a doctoral degree in politics from Oxford University, and has taught political theory at Oxford University and University College Dublin. Peter Stillman is Professor of Political Science and Director of the Environmental Studies Program at Vassar College.
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication28/05/2004
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight662 g
- Width163 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byLaurence Davis,Peter Stillman
- Foreword byUrsula K. Le Guin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.