All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn The New York Botanical Garden, the institution's remarkable history and collections are presented in one magnificent volume. Through hundreds of beautiful photographs and reproductions of rare botanical art, the book celebrates the urban oasis's 125th year as a place of unparalleled beauty in the heart of New York City and as an internationally rewned leader in plant research and conservation. This revised edition includes more than 200 new photographs and features added sections that offer in-depth views of the extraordinary plants, spectacular gardens, and award-winning architecture that define this landscape. Archival and contemporary photographs beautifully document the garden's illustrious history and its ongoing development alongside essays that describe the origins and purpose of a botanical garden and provide a fascinating look at the garden's groundbreaking scientific discoveries since its founding in 1891.
- Author BiographyGregory Long has been president and chief executive officer of the New York Botanical Garden since 1989. He is the author of Historic Houses of the Hudson River Valley. Todd Forrest is the New York Botanical Garden's Arthur Ross vice president for horticulture and living collections. Both authors live in New York.
- Author(s)Gregory Long,Todd Forrest
- Date of Publication05/04/2016
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintHarry N. Abrams, Inc.
- Content Note300 color photographs
- Weight1950 g
- Width286 mm
- Height273 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition StatementRevised and Updated ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.99Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.