Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.13
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.96
About this product
- DescriptionA fascinating, unique history of the Supreme Court as seen from the perspective of The New York Times The New York Times on the Supreme Court, the second volume in the new imprint TimesReference from CQ Press, uses carefully chosen articles from The Times to explore the history and influence of the Supreme Court. Author Kenneth Jost provides expert analysis and presents selected news stories, letters to the editor, and Op Ed essays from the paper to look at the development of the Court and its relationship to the other branches of government and to the states. Later chapters explore key themes&BAD:mdash;including freedom of ideas, the rights of political participation, equal protection of the law, crime and punishment&BAD:mdash;and the appropriate major cases, which are accompanied by decision dates, verdicts, and who wrote the majority opinion. The New York Times on the Supreme Court is the ideal choice for high school classrooms and media studies courses covering the judicial system and the media&BAD:rsquo;s role in American politics.
- Author BiographyKenneth Jost is author of Supreme Court Yearbook, Supreme Court A to Z, The New York Times on the Supreme Court, Obama's Agenda, Trending Toward #Justice, and the blog Jost on Justice (http://jostonjustice.blogspot.com). An honors graduate of Harvard College and Georgetown Law School, Jost has covered legal affairs as a reporter, editor, and columnist for more than fifty years. He has been a contributing writer for CQ Researcher for over two decades covering a wide variety of topics. Jost was a member of the CQ Researcher teams recognized for health reporting by the Society of Professional Journalists and for legal affairs reporting by the American Bar Association. He teaches media law at Georgetown Law School.
- Author(s)Joseph Russomanno,Kenneth W. Jost,Robert E. Trager,Susan Dente Ross
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationAlexandria
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCQ Staff Directories,US
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1371 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.