All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe European Union and the US are currently negotiating the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP), with potentially ermous ecomic gains for both partners. Experts from the European Union and the US explore t only the groundwork laid for TTIP under the New Transatlanticism, but also the key variables - ecomic, cultural, institutional, and political - shaping transatlantic policy outcomes. Divided into four parts, Part I, consisting of three chapters, contextualizes the transatlantic relationship with an historical survey, contemporary foreign relations and policy, and cultural dynamics. Together, these chapters provide the background for understanding the evolving nature of the EU-US relationship. Part II of this volume focuses on governance and comprises two chapters - one on transatlantic governance and the other administrative culture. Part III consists of six policy chapters: competition, trade, transport, mobility regimes, financial services regulation, and GMOs. Part IV, consisting of three chapters, explores prospects and challenges associated with transatlanticism, including the TTIP. The last chapter concludes with lessons learned and future challenges with respect to policy convergence; the nature of the EU-US relationship; power, resources, and bargaining within the transatlantic partnership; and, an assessment of the future of deeper cooperation and integration. This insightful account into policy cooperation between the EU and the US is a welcomed resource for policy specialists oriented toward comparative public policy wishing to enter the arena of Transatlantic Studies.
- Author BiographyLaurie Buonanno is Professor of Political Science and Public Administration at SUNY Buffalo State and directs the postgraduate public administration division. She is a specialist in comparative public policy. Natalia Cuglesan is Lecturer at the Faculty of History and Philosophy, Babes-Bolyai University, Romania. Keith Henderson was Professor of Political Science at SUNY Buffalo State. He helped establish the Master of Public Administration program at Buffalo State and developed internships for students in local, state, and federal government offices.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/03/2015
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Governance and Public Policy
- Series Part/Volume Number19
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 13 black & white tables, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight635 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byKeith M. Henderson,Laurie Buonanno,Natalia Cuglesan
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.