All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $22.33Trending at AU $24.52
- AU $10.56Trending at AU $12.60
- AU $40.99Trending at AU $51.68
- AU $12.39Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $18.99Trending at AU $22.85
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $36.11
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $19.86
About this product
- DescriptionStory is our medium. It's how we connect emotionally with our viewers. And it's how we make sense of our world....When we talk about a 'big story, ' we're really talking about what resonates with people, what matters to them.... And I think when it comes to our national narrative, what we need to realize is that we're all contributing to the story, that we can affect where this country is going. From top CNN anchor and special correspondent Soledad O'Brien comes a highly personal look at her biggest reporting moments, from Hurricane Katrina, the tsunami in Southeast Asia, and the devastating Haiti earthquake to the historic elections and high-profile interviews with everyday Americans. Drawing on her own unique background and consciousness as well as her experiences as a journalist at the front lines of the most provocative issues in today's society-and particularly from her work as host of the acclaimed series Black in America and Lati in America-O'Brien offers her candid, clear-eyed take on where we are as a country and where we're going. What emerges is both an inspiring message of hope and a glimpse into the heart and soul of one of America's most straight-talking reporters.
- Author BiographySoledad O'Brien is a CNN anchor and special correspondent whose award-winning documentaries include Black in America and Eyewitness to Murder: The King Assassination. She has won numerous awards, including an Emmy, a Peabody, a duPont, a Gracie Allen, a Clara Barton, a Hispanic Heritage, and the NAACP's President's Award. Rose Arce is a television producer at CNN. She has won a Pulitzer Prize and two Emmy Awards for spot news reporting. She is coauthor, with Soledad O'Brien, of Latino in America. Coleen Marlo is an accomplished actor who has appeared on stage, in film, and on television, and is a member of the prestigious Actors Studio. She also taught acting for ten years at the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute. An AudioFile Earphones Award winner, Coleen has been awarded three Listen-Up Awards from Publishers Weekly, including for Third World America by Arianna Huffington and The Poisoner's Handbook by Deborah Blum. She has also earned three Audie Award nominations, winning for Snakewoman of Little Egypt by Robert Hellenga. Publishers Weekly has named Coleen Audiobook Reader of the Year for 2010.
- Author(s)Rose Arce,Soledad O'Brien
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication22/11/2010
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date07/01/2017
- Weight72 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Narrator(s)Coleen Marlo
- Format DetailsMP3 format
- Running Time510
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.