All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe Next Level: Six Perspectives on the College Choice Process of Student Athletes looks at the role of internal and external factors on the college choice of student athletes. In this book, the categories of general college choice models, decision making processes, and student athlete college choice models are discussed in detail, so that student athletes, parents, coaches and guidance counselors, among others, can understand what goes into this very important process. In this book, six main individual and group behavior perspectives emerged surrounding those internal and external factors of student college choice that include: psychological, educational, environmental, racial class, social class, and gender class. Three main subtopics also emerged that affect the student athlete college choice process, which include the type of campus environment, the opportunity of the student athlete to play early, and the reputation of the coach. As a result, a discussion is allowed to take place regarding the role of internal and external factors on the college choice of student athletes. In summary, this book helps in this very important process.
- Author BiographyAbout the Author Dr. Howard Bartee, Jr. was born on August 6, 1971 in Meridian, Mississippi. In 1989, Dr. Bartee graduated from Quitman High School in Quitman, Mississippi with the highest honors. Dr. Bartee was named to the MS All-State 4A Tournament basketball Team as the point guard of the 1989 State 4A Runner-Up. After high school, Dr. Bartee made a college choice after receiving an academic scholarship to instead sign a basketball scholarship with Alcorn State University, before later transferring to Tougaloo College. These two experiences led him to write about the college choice process. In 1993, Howard graduated Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Political Science and Accounting from Tougaloo College in Jackson, Mississippi. In 1999, he received a Master of Science (M.S.) in Administration and Information Resource Management from Central Michigan University in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan. In 2008, Dr. Bartee received a Doctor of Education ( Ed.D) in Sports Management from the United States Sports Academy in Daphne, Alabama. Dr. Bartee has worked in the field of higher education from 2000 to the present. Dr. Bartee has worked in area of student advisement, compliance review, compliance remediation, public speaking, and teaching in K-12 schools as well as online. Dr. Bartee is a devoted husband, supportive father of two sons, a proud son, a brother, grandson, uncle, brother-in-law, son-in-law, community servant, volunteer youth sports coach, and motivational speaker, among many other roles. Currently, Dr. Bartee serves as the Department Chair and Assistant Professor of Sports Administration for the undergraduate and graduate programs at Belhaven University in Jackson, Mississippi. Dr. Bartee is a lifelong sports fan of the 2009 Super Bowl XLIV Champion, New Orleans Saints.
- Author(s)Dr Howard Bartee Jr
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication12/02/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.