All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $35.33Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $15.41Trending at AU $19.73
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionFor more than thirty years, the comic-book series Nexus has showcased the artistry of Steve The Dude Rude, one of the industry's most passionate and highly regarded artists. Rude's continuing dedication to improving his craft through daily practice and the study of his heroes-Jack Kirby, Alex Raymond and Hal Foster and such illustration masters as Andrew Loomis and John Gannam-have infused his art with a combination of grace, power and finely crafted storytelling. The Nexus Chronicles focuses on Rude's role as artist and co-creator of this award-winning series. Three dedicated years have gone into assembling the original art for eight of The Dude's favorite creations, including Nexus: Wages of Sin #1 and Next Nexus #1, both of which are shown with their pencil and finished inked forms facing one ather to highlight the process. Nexus #50 and the rarely seen eight-page All in Sundra are reproduced from their inked originals. Also featured is the previously unpublished Nexus #99 in pencil form and the fully painted Sundra story When She Was Young, and more. Each issue has been meticulously scanned directly from The Dude's personal archives. Every chapter opens with a spotlight on the Rude's painted covers and supplemental drawings taken from his sketchbooks. These openings highlight concept drawings, preparatory thumbnails and cover-color compositions, following an introduction by the artist. An expanded interview offers insight into his craft, and photographs by Greg Preston show Rude working in his studio. The Nexus Chronicles reproduces Steve Rude's finest comics like never before, allowing fans and students alike to study the nuances of his line art.
- Author BiographySteve Rude's career began in 1981 with his and co-creator Mike Baron's groundbreaking Nexus comic series. This space saga catapulted Rude into the field of comics, where he became highly sought after by major publishers. During his first few years in the industry, Rude's efforts led to numerous awards, such as the 1984 Russ Manning Newcomer Award, the Kirby Award for best artist in 1986, and numerous Eisner's for artistic achievement. For over two decades, Rude has drawn hundreds of comic's greatest iconic heroes, and has galvanized the art world as a comic magazine artist and illustrator. Steve considers himself an art student. The desire to better his craft with each new project shows an expressive and caring approach. He holds deep appreciation for the illustrators who have come before. By studying the works of such masters as Andrew Loomis, John Gannam, Harry Anderson, Jack Kirby, and Russ Manning, Rude continues to perfect his talent. The result is an artist with the discipline and training of the grand illustrators from the 1930s to 1950s. Rude applies this knowledge to his true passion of modern comic books. Currently, Rude's focus is on fine art paintings.
- PublisherFlesk Publications
- Date of Publication31/03/2016
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Superheroes
- Place of PublicationSanta Cruz
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFlesk Publications
- Content NoteColor illustrations throughout
- Weight2114 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Illustrator(s)Steve Rude
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
- Interest AgeFrom 14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.