Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionWhile, over the last 30 years, the global ecomy's center of gravity has shifted to East Asia, the region has remained surprisingly free of interstate military conflict. Yet this era of peace and growth has been punctuated by periodic reminders of enduring security problems in the region-from China's military modernization, to unresolved territorial disputes, to persistent tensions on the Korean peninsula. This volume is one of the first to treat these issues of ecomics and security as interconnected rather than separate. Its authors-leading scholars from the U.S. and China-shed new light on this important nexus by applying insights from a rich variety of approaches to explore and explain the dynamics of a region whose importance for students of both international political ecomy and international security has grown dramatically. They show that both ecomic and security 'fundamentals' matter if one is to understand the reasons for, and evaluate the durability of, East Asia's recent peace and prosperity.
- Author BiographyAvery Goldstein is David M. Knott Professor of Global Politics and International Relations and Director of the Center for the Study of Contemporary China at the University of Pennsylvania. Edward D. Mansfield is Hum Rosen Professor of Political Science and Director of the Christopher H. Browne Center for International Politics at the University of Pennsylvania.
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication15/08/2012
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Series TitleStanford Security Studies
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAvery Goldstein,Edward D. Mansfield
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.