All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $34.64Trending at AU $35.22
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 1935, this guide to good behavior is actually a subversively witty satire of etiquette and dating handbooks, w in a gift format edition With advice as useful today as it was 70 years ago, this gently satirical handbook to being the right sort of girl effortlessly guides readers through the troublesome twists and turns of the social whirl. Monica Redlich dispenses advice for every possible encounter--from how to combine kindness with absolute honesty when reassuring friends (They always say a big se is a sign of character) and what to say when caught in an awkward situation (I am just trying to get some dust out of poor Freddie's eye) to the perfect reply on receiving congratulations upon your engagement (Thank you, Angela darling. I only wish we could manage to find someone for you). Nice girls once reigned supreme, and with this essential companion they could again. No modern girl should be without it.
- Author BiographyMonica Redlich was an English journalist, author, and social commentator. Her books include Danish Delight, Jam Tomorrow, Everyday England, and Summer Landscape.
- Author(s)Monica Redlich
- PublisherPalazzo Editions Ltd
- Date of Publication26/08/2010
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationBath
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalazzo Editions Ltd
- Out-of-print date07/02/2012
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight259 g
- Width135 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.