Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionWith supreme artistry and insight - and in modern Arab literary fashion - Ghada Samman skillfully blends realism with fantasy into a highly stylized, thematically multilayered tale. It is at once a Gothic romance and a suspenseful whodunit with engaging characters. At the same time it is a gripping study of social injustice and the consequences of wartime upheaval. Far from home and out of harm's way, Samman's Lebanese exiles repeat and replay the very same conflicts that torment them in their own land even as it is under siege. Night of the First Billion is an eloquent reminder that the only genuine security in the most profound and human sense of the word is to be found in the courageous willingness to confront, challenge, and finally to ease suffering.
- Author BiographyGhada Samman, author of more than twenty-eight books including the first two books of this trilogy, Beirut '75 and Beirut Nightmares, has been referred to as the most prominent Syrian women writer of fiction of the last century. Nancy N. Roberts is a translator of Arabic.
- Author(s)Ghada Samman
- PublisherSyracuse University Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2004
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleMiddle East Literature in Translation
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyracuse University Press
- Weight907 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Translated byNancy N. Roberts
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.