Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionOwners of the Ninth Wave Restaurant on the Isle of Mull, Carla and John Lamont, have brought fine dining to one of the most beautiful islands in the Hebrides. Their cooking is based on seasonality - using the wonderful natural larder of fruit,vegetables, game and seafood at the times of year when they are available and at their best. Lobster, crab, hand-dived scallops and fish are often caught only hours before appearing on the dinner-plate. John, a fisherman himself, will t only catch crab and lobster on his own fishing boat, but will act as waiter and wine steward in the restaurant in the evening. Carla tells the story of how she came to set up the restaurant in a remote corner of Scotland and captures the zest and creativity of its menu in detailed and easy-to-follow recipes. This is a book to treasure and to turn to again and again.
- Author BiographyCarla Lamont is from Victoria, Canada. She came over to Scotland in 1994 to work in a restaurant on Iona. She met her husband John in the village of Fionnphort, Mull, where they have lived ever since and set up their increasingly acclaimed restaurant in 2009.
- Author(s)Carla Lamont
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication10/11/2014
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBirlinn Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations (colour)
- Width190 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.