Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionYou ruined my life, the departing husband tells his wife in the opening story. Like Circe, she wonders how she came to have such terrible powers--and whether she really has them. In other stories, a young boy tries to understand why he has lost the affection of a much-loved uncle, an elderly couple battle like siblings, and a middle-aged woman is forced to confront the fact that her mother loved a close friend more than she loved her daughter. Love misunderstood, often doubted, often disappointing--the characters in these twenty stories struggle to make sense of it. To varying degrees they succeed, but all find it a difficult and dangerous enterprise. And some wonder whether love is even necessary.
- Author(s)C D Hopkins
- Date of Publication31/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.