All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne out of nine women in the United States will develop breast cancer in her lifetime. For too long, women have erroneously believed that there is little or thing they can do to prevent this dread illness. Our major medical efforts are directed toward detecting and treating, rather than preventing, breast cancer. Professor Jane Plant, one of Britain's most eminent scientists, contracted breast cancer in 1987. When orthodox medicine gave up and she was told she had only three months to live, she used her extensive scientific training and her kwledge of other cultures to find a way to survive. In her research, she was startled to find that in China breast cancer affects far fewer women than in Western countries. Plant considered there could be a dietary trigger for the illness. As Plant continued her research, she became convinced there was a casual link between consumption of dairy products and breast cancer. In this book, Professor Plant shares the discoveries that allowed her to triumph over breast cancer. With a clear statement of the scientific principles behind her discovery, Professor Plant includes detailed suggestions, including menus and recipes, for ways to alter your diet by eliminating or reducing consumption of many suspected cancer-causing agents, especially dairy products, and replacing them with healthful alternatives.
- Author BiographyJane A. Plant, Ph.D., C.B.E., is one of Britain's most distinguished scientists. She is chief scientist of the British Geological Survey and continues to sit on many influential government and international committees. In 1999, she was awarded Britain's most prestigious honor, the Lord Lloyd of Kilgerran Prize. Professor Plant lives in Nottingham with her husband and children.
- Author(s)Prof Jane A Plant
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width151 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.69Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.