All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionGardening is enjoying renewed popularity as more and more people are choosing to grow plants, flowers and vegetables in gardens, allotments and unused land everywhere. However the amount of work involved in preparing and maintaining a plot can be daunting, especially for those who don't have the time or the physical ability to spend hours digging. Here Alan and Gill Bridgewater explain how to garden successfully with the minimum amount of digging and weeding. The advice given includes how to build raised beds, building up layers of soil with mushroom compost, using plastic sheeting to retain heat, covering the weeds with a mulch and protecting growing plants with nets. The text is thoroughly practical and advocates using organic methods where possible. This is a must for busy gardeners everywhere. It is ideal for first time gardeners who want to learn the basics. It is perfect for busy and older gardeners looking for simple, -nsense gardening methods.
- Author BiographyAlan and Gill Bridgewater have gained an international reputation as producers of gardening and DIY books on a range of subjects, including ponds and patios, stone and brickwork, decks and decking, and garden design. They live in Rye, East Sussex.
- Author(s)Alan Bridgewater,Gill Bridgewater
- PublisherIMM Lifestyle Books
- Date of Publication25/01/2011
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNew Holland Publishers Ltd
- Content Note300 colour illustrations
- Weight259 g
- Width183 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.