All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith food prices rising faster than the national debt we need to get every scrap of value from the goods we buy. Good menu planning is a sure way of saving money, and this book takes menu planning to ather level. It shows how, by linking your meals from one day to ather, you can cook - and shop - ecomically but deliciously; and use up any leftover ingredients that might otherwise be scraped into the bin or left to gather mould in the fridge. Example of a meal chain in the book: THE ROAST CHICKEN TO PIZZA MARGERITA CHAIN Roast chicken > use the carcass to make stock and the leftover chicken meat to make Chicken risotto > use leftover risotto plus salami, mozzarella and passata to make Arancini with tomato sauce >use the leftover salami, mozzarella and passatta to make Pizza Margarita. Four meals - all linked, and wasted ingredients. Other chains include: Roast Lamb to a Dirty Martini through six links. Poached Salmon to Chocolate Cake through five links. Chicken tikka to hummus in four links. Beef brisket to egg fried rice in four links. Breaking the chain Links in the chain can be frozen, ready and waiting for the chain to be started up at a later date. The aim? To reduce waste with compromise on taste.
- Author BiographyBecky Thorn is a part-time primary school teacher, cookery book author and full time parent to two teenagers. The No-Waste Meal Planner is her third book. Life is hectic in her house - using meal chains helps her family eat well, keep to a budget, and avoid waste. Becky lives in Surrey.
- Author(s)Becky Thorn
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication26/04/2013
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHow To Books Ltd
- Weight302 g
- Width151 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.