All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionBeginning in the mid-1940s, the bleak, brooding mood of film ir began seeping into that most optimistic of film genres, the western. Story lines took on a darker tone and western films adopted classic ir elements of moral ambiguity, complex anti-heroes and explicit violence. The ir western helped set the standard for the darker action and science fiction and superhero films of today, as well as for acclaimed TV series such as HBO's Deadwood and AMC's Breaking Bad. This book cover the stylistic shift in westerns in mid-20th century Hollywood, offering close readings of the first ir westerns, along with revealing portraits of the eccentric and talented directors who brought the films to life.
- Author BiographyA lifelong student of films, David Meuel has also published more than 100 poems, numerous short stories, and hundreds of articles on subjects ranging from theatre to U.S. national parks, to writing and speaking for business. He lives in Menlo Park, California, USA.
- Author(s)David Meuel
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/05/2015
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note30 photographs
- Weight313 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.