All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.72
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionThis book contains comprehensive descriptions of stochastic processes described by underdamped and overdamped oscillator equations with additive and multiplicative random forcing. The latter is associated with random frequency or random damping. The coverage includes descriptions of various new phemena discovered in the last hundred years since the explanation of Brownian motion by Einstein, Smoluchovski and Langevin, such as the shift of stable points, ise-enhanced stability, stochastic resonance, resonant activation, and stabilization of metastable states. In addition to many applications in physics, chemistry, biology, medicine, ecomics and sociology, these discoveries have clarified the deep relationship between determinism and stochasticity, which turns out to be complimentary rather than contradictory, with ise playing both constructive and destructive roles.
- Author(s)Moshe Gitterman
- PublisherWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication11/11/2005
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width162 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.