All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $16.97
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
About this product
- DescriptionLONGLISTED FOR THE MAN BOOKER PRIZE 2016 A NEW YORK TIMES TOP TEN NOTABLE BOOK 2016 'A tour de force' Hilary Mantel 'Riveting and darkly brilliant' Colm Toibin A ship sets sail with a killer on board ...1859. A man joins a whaling ship bound for the Arctic Circle. Having left the British Army with his reputation in tatters, Patrick Sumner has little option but to accept the position of ship's surgeon on this ill-fated voyage. But when, deep into the journey, a cabin boy is discovered brutally killed, Sumner finds himself forced to act. Soon he will face an evil even greater than he had encountered at the siege of Delhi, in the shape of Henry Drax: harpooner, murderer, monster ...'Behold: one of the finest books of the year' Independent
- Author BiographyIan McGuire grew up near Hull and studied at the University of Manchester and the University of Virginia, USA. He is a founder and co-director of the University of Manchester's Centre for New Writing. His stories have been published in the Chicago Review, Paris Review and elsewhere, and his first novel was Incredible Bodies. The North Water is his second novel.
- PrizesLong-listed for Man Booker Prize for Fiction 2016.
- Author(s)Ian McGuire
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication11/02/2016
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintScribner UK
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.