All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of Paul Brunton's truly significant contributions, this volume offers a mature spiritual perspective on the importance of character development, personality refinement, and proper use of the thinking faculty. Part 1, Emotions and Ethics explores two fundamental relationships. The first is that between character development and spiritual progress; the second is that between personality refinement and spiritual self-expression. Part 2, The Intellect explains the important role, and the limitations, of the thinking faculty as a transformative potency in spiritual practice.
- Author BiographyPaul Brunton helps us hear the melody behind the medley of today's spiritual marketplace. His late writings raise the bar for what we can expect of spiritual teachings and teachers, and what we can do for ourselves. Born in London in 1898, he soon became a leading pioneer of much of what we now take for granted. He traveled widely throughout the world (long before it was fashionable) to meet living masters of various traditions with whom he then lived and studied. His eleven early books from 1934-1952 shared much of what he learned, and helped set the stage for dramatic east-west exchanges of the late 20th century.
- Author(s)Paul Brunton
- PublisherLarson Publications
- Date of Publication01/01/1987
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLarson Publications
- Weight640 g
- Width215 mm
- Height145 mm
- Spine34 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.