All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionNovalis is one of the great figures of German Romanticism. The Novices of Sais, translated into French in 1925, was received enthusiastically by artists and poets and is often quoted by the Surrealists. It was translated into English by Ralph Mannheim in 1949, with 60 original drawings by Klee. This is a new edition of this seminal Romantic text.
- Author BiographyNovalis (Friedrich von Hardenberg) is one of the great pillars of German Romanticism. He is perhaps best known for his volume of poetry Hymns to the Night and his novel Heinrich von Ofterdingen where his elusive blue flower was planted. He died at the age of 29 in 1801. Ralph Manheim was one of the great translators of the 20th century. He translated the works of Gunter Grass, Bertolt Brecht, Louis-Ferdinand Celine, and Hermann Hesse, among others. The PEN/ Ralph Manheim Medal for Translation is a major lifetime achievement award in the field of translation.
- PublisherArchipelago Books
- Date of Publication04/02/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArchipelago Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight189 g
- Width178 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Paul Klee
- Translated byRalph Manheim
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $74.97Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.53Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $28.95Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.15Trending at AU $14.05
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $15.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.