All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough our understanding of the structure and activities of the cell nucleus and of the namachines which it contains is increasing rapidly, much remains to be learned. The application and continuing development of the new, powerful biochemical and biophysical methodologies described here are essential in this quest. In The Nucleus, researchers from more than forty leading international laboratories describe state-of-the-art methods for isolating nuclei and their components and for studying their structure and activities, including some pathology-associated features. Volume 2: Chromatin, Transcription, Envelope, Proteins, Dynamics, and Imaging presents biophysical approaches to study the mechanical properties of nuclei, together with a comprehensive range of imaging methods. These include FISH, FRAP, FRET, molecular beacons, fluorescence correlation spectroscopy, single molecule tracking, and combing DNA for optical microscopy, recognition imaging for atomic force microscopy, and hybridisation, tomography, and spectroscopic imaging for electron microscopy. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology(TM) series format, chapters contain lists of necessary materials and reagents, readily reproducible protocols, and tips for troubleshooting and avoiding kwn pitfalls. The Nucleus, Volume 2: Chromatin, Transcription, Envelope, Proteins, Dynamics, and Imaging provides a comprehensive collection of the cutting-edge methods making a major contribution to understanding the nucleus and its nastructure today.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication28/10/2010
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number464
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note82 black & white illustrations, 14 colour illustrations, 9 black & white tables, biography
- Weight718 g
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byRonald Hancock
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2008
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.