All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionIn Volume One of The Nuffield Tractor Story, author Tony Clare took the story up to 1967, the era of the powerful 10/60 model. Now, in Volume Two, he continues with the inception, design and development of the Mini tractor. Tony shows the final development of the Nuffield mid-range tractors, the 4-65 and the 3-45, and their further evolution into the first of the re-badged Leyland Tractors, the 384 and the 344 models. With detailed research and fine photographs - many previously unpublished - this book goes on to cover the roller-coaster background story that was to unfold around this key part of the British tractor industry. The book deals with the later difficulties of the British Motor Corporation and the government-initiated merger with Leyland Vehicles to form the British Leyland group. Further development of the tractor range was to continue with the introduction of the '98' series engines, the introduction of safety cabs and the development of the 'Synchro' gearbox. Additional technical changes took place with the introduction of the 'Harvest Gold' range until the decision was made by British Leyland to dispose of the tractor business, one of the first privatisations by Margaret Thatcher's government in 1982. The influence of the poor national industrial situation and its affect on investment and the development of the tractor range are also dealt with in detail, as is the aftermath of the sale to a private purchaser who was to absorb the nationalised Leyland tractor range.
- Author BiographyTractor and farm machinery enthusiast Tony Clare is also the author of The Nuffield Tractor Story Volume One. With a lifelong interest in agricultural history and in particular machinery, Tony has a small collection of vintage agricultural equipment including two tractors.
- Author(s)Anthony Clare
- Publisher5m Publishing
- Date of Publication27/11/2013
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationSheffield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOld Pond Publishing Ltd
- Content Note228 photographs
- Weight879 g
- Width215 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.