All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Nurse Practitioner s Guide to Nutrition is a comprehensive clinical resource for nurse practitioners working in a variety of clinical care settings. Emphasizing practical nutrition information, this accessible guide provides guidance on incorporating nutrition history questions and counselling techniques into routine care across all clinical settings. The book begins by discussing fundamental concepts in nutrition assessment, giving readers a solid framework from which to approach subsequent chapters. Section Two focuses on nutrition from a lifespan perspective, organizing information by the issues most pertinent to patients at different stages of life. Section Three presents nutrition counselling across clinical care settings ranging from cardiology, endocrilogy, oncology, and gastroenterology to caring for the obese patient. Each chapter includes essential information distilled in quick-access tabular format and clinical scenarios that apply key concepts discussed to real-world examples. Ideal for both in-training and qualified advanced practice nurses, The Nurse Practitioner s Guide to Nutrition is an essential tool for assessing, managing, and treating nutrition-related conditions, as well as promoting nutritional health for all patients. This activity has been approved for 35 nursing continuing education contact hours through the Temple University College of Health Professions and Social Work Department of Nursing Provider Unit, an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Pennsylvania State Nurses Association, itself an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center s Commission on Accreditation. For e-book users: CNE materials are available for download after purchase. This title is also available as a mobile App from MedHand Mobile Libraries. Buy it w from Google Play or the MedHand Store.
- Author BiographyLisa Hark, PhD, RD is a world renowned nutritionist and best-selling author of nutrition textbooks for health professionals. She is also an Associate Professor at Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia. Kathleen Ashton, PhD, ACNS-BC, a sought-after speaker and educator, is a Professor of Nursing at Thomas Jefferson University, Jefferson School of Nursing in Philadelphia. Darwin Deen, MD, MS is a respected nutrition educator of health professionals and co-editor of the Complete Guide to Nutrition in Primary Care. He is also a Medical Professor at the Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education at the City College of New York.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication02/11/2012
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight686 g
- Width170 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byDarwin Deen,Kathleen Ashton,Lisa Hark
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.