All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIrish fairy tales and legends are full of enchantment, brave deeds and lost loves. Told from generation to generation, they are as fascinating w as they were to their original listeners. This wonderfully rich and varied collection are ten of the best-loved traditional Irish stories, retold by author and poet Una Leavy. The post of Gold captures the trickery and mischief of leprechauns; the story of Oisin in Tir na n-Og marks the end of the great Fianna. From 2000 years ago comes The Children of Lir ...all stories to be treasured for years to come. Susan Field's beautiful illustrations are inspired by ancient Celtic art and culture. They capture the wealth of tradition, the humour and the magic of these great stories. Now available in paperback.
- Author BiographyUna Leavy has written many books for children. She works as a primary school teacher in County Mayo. Una Leavy was born in Charlestown, Co. Mayo. She has been writing since early childhood. A primary school teacher by profession, she is married to Lorcan and they have six children. Her writing includes poetry, articles and short stories which have been published in various magazines and periodicals. Much of her work has been for children and to date she has published seven books with the O'Brien Press.
- Author(s)Una Leavy
- PublisherO'Brien Press Ltd
- Date of Publication27/02/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationDublin
- Country of PublicationIreland
- First Published2012
- ImprintO'Brien Press Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width204 mm
- Height266 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Illustrator(s)Susan Field
- Reading AgeFrom 6
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.73Trending at AU $24.65
- AU $125.98Trending at AU $129.66
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $182.52
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $28.83
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $13.55
- AU $69.99Trending at AU $90.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.