The Obama Hate Machine: The Lies, Distortions, and Personal Attacks on the President---And Who Is Behind Them by Bill Press (Paperback / softback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.04+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.48
About this product
- DescriptionIn Toxic Talk, Bill Press exposed the ways in which the extreme right-wing media has done an end run around the American voting populace by exerting a disproportionate control over open political debate. In The Obama Hate Machine, Press returns to show how the Right has taken rhetoric to slanderous new levels in attacking the nation's forty-fourth president.But presidents have always been attacked like this, right? Wrong. As the author shows, while presidents and presidential candidates routinely have been subject to personal attacks, the outright disdain Obama's extremist opponents have for the facts has inspired an insidious brand of character assassination unique in contemporary politics. Obama was born in Kenya . . . Obama sympathizes with Muslim terrorists . . . Obama is a communist who wants to institute death panels and touch off class warfare The extent to which these unfounded assertions have taken hold in the American mindset shows just how ruthless, destructive, and all-powerful the right-wing machine hijacked by extremists in the media and fueled by corporate coffers has become. The author reveals how corporate interests such as the infamous Koch Brothers continue to steer political coverage away from fact-based dialogue into the realm of hysteria. Bill Press also observes this phemen is t limited to the airwaves and provides an I Hate Obama Book Club list, calling out the scores of anti-Obama tomes and even some from the Left that have helped drag politics even deeper into the mud. In his characteristic on-the-mark arguments sure to appeal to anyone on the Left or in the Center, Press shows how the peculiar nature of Obama-hating subverts issue-driven debate and threatens t only the outcome of the 2012 election but the future of the American democratic system.
- Author BiographyBILL PRESS is the host of Full Court Press with Bill Press on Current TV, XM and Sirius Radio's Bill Press Show, writes a syndicated column for Tribune Media Services, and is the former co-host of MSNBC's Buchanan and Press, CNN's Crossfire and The Spin Room.
- Author(s)Bill Press
- Date of Publication21/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight281 g
- Width141 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.