All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $54.47Trending at AU $58.01
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $169.35
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.48
- AU $57.00Trending at AU $70.06
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.45
- AU $12.91Trending at AU $16.90
About this product
- DescriptionStories and journal notes by an extraordinary young woman--adventurer and traveler, Arabic scholar, Sufi mystic and adept of the Djillala cult. Isabelle Eberhardt (1877-1904) was an explorer who lived and traveled extensively throughout North Africa. She wrote of her travels in numerous books and French newspapers, including Nouvelles Algeriennes Algerian News (1905), Dans l'Ombre Chaude de l'Islam In the Hot Shade of Islam (1906), and Les journaliers The Day Laborers (1922). Paul Bowles has taped and translated numerous strange legends and lively stories recounted by Mrabet: Love with a Few Hairs (novel), The Lemon (novel), The Boy Who Set Fire (stories), Harmless Poisons, Blameless Sins (stories), The Beach Cafe & Look & Move On (autobiography), and The Big Mirror (novella).
- Author(s)Isabelle Eberhardt
- PublisherCity Lights Books
- Date of Publication01/10/1986
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationMonroe, OR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCity Lights Books
- Out-of-print date14/02/2008
- Content Noteport.
- Weight113 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Translated byP. Bowles
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.