All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith a bike, a turbo trainer and the right advice, you can beat anyone. No one but Graeme Obree has the clarity of vision to get to the heart of the 'problem' of how to improve as a racing cyclist. His invative approach took him to the top of world cycling, twice breaking the world hour record - a story picked up in his Hollywood biopic The Flying Scotsman. It can draw the same outstanding athletic performance from you. The Obree Way side-steps conventional wisdom and strips cycling back to its elements, always asking the question: 'What actually improves my race time?' This is routine training programme. Written in a conversational style, the book explains Graeme Obree's radical insights into technique, training, psychology and diet, and the clear logic behind them. At last, the best kept secret in cycling, the Obree three-phase breathing technique, is revealed in detail, getting more oxygen to your blood with less effort. Graeme Obree's training methods really work - the man is living proof. He believes that resting is key to training, that you can pedal, stretch and breathe more effectively and that, if you really want it, you can find the will and intensity to improve. Get on your bike!
- Author BiographyGraeme Obree has never held a driving license and commutes regularly on his bike complete with mudguards, racks and sometimes a trailer. He is a regular contributor to BBC Radio where his insights and analysis of track racing are revered by cycling fans. Having twice been the world hour record holder, he is currently training for an attempt at the world land-speed record on his home-made bike 'The Beastie'.
- Author(s)Graeme Obree
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/08/2013
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Sport
- Content Noteillustrations and photos throughout
- Weight397 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.