All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Obstacle is the Way has become a cult classic, beloved by men and women around the world who apply its wisdom to become more successful at whatever they do. Its many fans include a former goverr and movie star (Arld Schwarzenegger), a hip hop icon (LL Cool J), an Irish tennis pro (James McGee), an NBC sportscaster (Michele Tafoya), and the coaches and players of winning teams like the New England Patriots, Seattle Seahawks, Chicago Cubs, and University of Texas men's basketball team. The book draws its inspiration from stoicism, the ancient Greek philosophy of enduring pain or adversity with perseverance and resilience. Stoics focus on the things they can control, let go of everything else, and turn every new obstacle into an opportunity to get better, stronger, tougher. As Marcus Aurelius put it nearly 2000 years ago: The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. Ryan Holiday shows us how some of the most successful people in history--from John D. Rockefeller to Amelia Earhart to Ulysses S. Grant to Steve Jobs--have applied stoicism to overcome difficult or even impossible situations. Their embrace of these principles ultimately mattered more than their natural intelligence, talents, or luck. If you're feeling frustrated, demoralized, or stuck in a rut, this book can help you turn your problems into your biggest advantages. And along the way it will inspire you with dozens of true stories of the greats from every age and era.
- Author BiographyRYAN HOLIDAY is a bestselling author and media strategist. After dropping out of college at nineteen to apprentice under Robert Greene, author of The 48 Laws of Power, he went on to advise many bestselling authors and multiplatinum musicians. He served as director of marketing at American Apparel for many years, where his campaigns have been used as case studies by Twitter, YouTube, and Google and written about in Ad Age, the New York Times, and Fast Company. His first book, Trust Me I'm Lying: Confessions of a Media Manipulator--which the Financial Times called an astonishing, disturbing book --was a debut bestseller and is now taught in colleges around the world. He is also the author of Growth Hacker Marketing, Ego is the Enemy and The Daily Stoic. He lives in Austin, Texas, and writes for Thought Catalog and the New York Observer. Visit www.RyanHoliday.net.
- Author(s)Ryan Holiday
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight249 g
- Width135 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Most relevant reviews
- alimih107 Jan, 2015by
A++ seller. Highly recommanded!
Great book, highly usefull information specially if you're into stoicism and their way of thinking. Highly recommanded!
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $19.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.