All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVolume One of the Official History of the Joint Intelligence Committee draws upon a range of released and classified papers to produce the first, authoritative account of the way in which intelligence was used to inform policy. For almost 80 years the Joint Intelligence Committee (JIC) has been a central player in the secret machinery of the British Government, providing a co-ordinated intelligence service to policy makers, drawing upon the work of the intelligence agencies and Whitehall departments. Since its creation, reports from the JIC have contributed to almost every key foreign policy decision taken by the British Government. This volume covers the evolution of the JIC since 1936 and culminates with its role in the events of Suez in 1956. This book will be of much interest to students of intelligence studies, British politics, international diplomacy, security studies and International Relations in general. Dr Michael S. Goodman is Reader in Intelligence and International Affairs in the Department of War Studies, King's College London. He is author or editor of five previous books, including the Routledge Companion to Intelligence Studies (2013).
- Author BiographyMichael S. Goodman is Reader in Intelligence and International Affairs in the Department of War Studies, King's College London. He is the author or editor of five previous books, including the Routledge Companion to Intelligence Studies (co-editor, 2013).
- Author(s)Michael S. Goodman
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/07/2015
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note6 black & white tables, 14 black & white halftones
- Weight764 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.49Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.