All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $41.94Trending at AU $81.93
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionThe Old Goverr's Mansion served as the home of Georgia's goverrs from 1839-1868. Considered to be one of the finest examples of High Greek Revival architecture in the United States, the mansion was the stage on which the myriad complexities of politics and culture played out within the Empire State of the South. This book focuses on this history of the mansion, its occupants both freed and enslaved, and the recent preservation work that has fully restored this National Historic Landmark Building. Lovers of history and historic preservation will enjoy this look at one of the nation's truly important sites.
- Author BiographyJames C. Turner is the director of the Old Governor's Mansion and has served as an instructor of History at Georgia College and State University in Milledgeville, Georgia. He holds an MA in History from Georgia College. Matthew S. Davis is the curator of the Old Governor's Mansion and has served as an adjunct professor at Georgia College and State University, Georgia Military College, and Macon State College. He holds an MA in Public History from Georgia College. Travis Byrd served as the graduate assistant of the Old Governor's Mansion and completed work on his MA degree in 2012.
- Author(s)James Charles Robin Turner
- PublisherMercer University Press
- Date of Publication30/08/2013
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMercer University Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations, black & white line drawings, frontispiece
- Weight249 g
- Width269 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.