All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $21.95Trending at AU $26.77
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $23.78Trending at AU $26.94
About this product
- DescriptionA beautiful new edition of a classic work of landscape history, in which Alfred Watkins introduced the idea of ancient 'ley lines' criss-crossing the English countryside. First published in 1925, THE OLD STRAIGHT TRACK described the author's theory of 'ley lines', pre-Roman pathways consisting of aligned stone circles and prehistoric mounds, used by our Neolithic ancestors. Watkins's ideas have intrigued and inspired generations of readers - from historians to hill walkers, and from amateur archaeologists to new-age occultists. This edition of THE OLD STRAIGHT TRACK, with a substantial introduction by Robert Macfarlane, will appeal to all who treasure the history, contours and mystery of Britain's ancient landscapes.
- Author BiographyALFRED WATKINS was an amateur archaeologist and author of THE OLD STRAIGHT TRACK (1925). He died in 1935. ROBERT MACFARLANE is the prize-winning author of THE WILD PLACES (2007) and THE OLD ROADS (2011).
- Author(s)Alfred Watkins
- PublisherHead of Zeus
- Date of Publication11/09/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHead of Zeus
- Content Note50 b&w illus
- Weight640 g
- Width145 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Introduction byRobert Macfarlane
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.