All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA beautiful new edition of a classic work of landscape history, in which Alfred Watkins introduced the idea of ancient 'ley lines' criss-crossing the English countryside. First published in 1925, THE OLD STRAIGHT TRACK described the author's theory of 'ley lines', pre-Roman pathways consisting of aligned stone circles and prehistoric mounds, used by our Neolithic ancestors. Watkins's ideas have intrigued and inspired generations of readers - from historians to hill walkers, and from amateur archaeologists to new-age occultists. This edition of THE OLD STRAIGHT TRACK, with a substantial introduction by Robert Macfarlane, will appeal to all who treasure the history, contours and mystery of Britain's ancient landscapes.
- Author BiographyALFRED WATKINS was an amateur archaeologist and author of THE OLD STRAIGHT TRACK (1925). He died in 1935. ROBERT MACFARLANE is the prize-winning author of THE WILD PLACES (2007) and THE OLD ROADS (2011).
- Author(s)Alfred Watkins
- PublisherHead of Zeus
- Date of Publication08/10/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHead of Zeus
- Content Note50 b&w illus
- Weight363 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Introduction byRobert Macfarlane
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.