All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe heart of the Christian faith rests upon the confession Jesus is Lord, yet faithful Christians sometimes overlook the fact that the Lordship of Jesus is firmly rooted in the promises and prophecies of the Old Testament. Moreover, kwing Jesus more fully entails kwing the story of God's salvation that was planned before the foundation of the world. Modern readers tend to forget that the declaration before Abraham was I am underscores the continuity between the promise to Abraham and its fulfillment in Christ. Acquiring a basic understanding of the relationship between the Old and New Testaments with respect to salvation's drama will enrich every reader's faith and appreciation for the Scriptures. Modern readers tend to forget that the declaration before Abraham was I am underscores the continuity between the promise to Abraham and its fulfillment in Christ. Acquiring a basic understanding of the relationship between the Old and New Testaments with respect to salvation's drama will enrich every reader's faith and appreciation for the Scriptures.
- Author BiographyPaul J. Achtemeier is the former Herbert Worth and Annie H. Jackson Professor of Biblical Interpretation at Union Theological Seminary, Richmond, Virginia. He has served as the past president of both the Society of Biblical Literature and the Catholic Biblical Association. He has authored a number of books, including 1 Peter (Hermeneia), and is the general editor for the Harper Bible Dictionary. Elizabeth Achtemeier (1926-2002) was adjunct professor of Bible and homiletics at Union Theological Seminary in Virginia. She authored a number of books, including Nature, God, and Pulpit and Preaching from the Old Testament. She was an ordained minister of the Presbyterian Church (USA).
- Author(s)Elizabeth Achtemeier,Paul J Achtemeier
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/03/1997
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaker Academic, Div of Baker Publishing Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.