All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSteve Moyise provides an accessible and well-informed introduction to the Old Testament in the New Testament. Tried and tested in previous editions, it explores the basic issues and offers summaries of the uses of the Old Testament in the Gospels and Acts, in Paul and Hebrews, James, and Revelation. Issues of quotation, allusion and echo are fully explored and placed sensitively in the context of the differing approaches to the interpretation of Old Testament texts. Readers are informed of contemporary debates that have arisen from literary criticism, such as the questions of intertextuality and the uses of allegory. Also discussed are the uses of the Bible in the first century. For the second edition two entirely new chapters on 'Jesus and Scripture' and 'James and 1-3 John' have been added, as well as full revisions to the text where necessary to take account of changes and developments in scholarship. Each chapter includes a summary-conclusion, and extensive and detailed suggestions for further reading. This is an ideal textbook for undergraduate students.
- Author BiographySteve Moyise is Visiting Professor at Newman University, UK and author of The Old Testament in the Book of Revelation (Sheffield, 1995) and The Old Testament in the New (Continuum, 2001). He is the series editor of The T&T Clark Approaches to Biblical Studies.
- Author(s)Steve Moyise
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication24/09/2015
- SubjectReligious Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleT&T Clark Approaches to Biblical Studies
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Weight315 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement2nd revised and expanded ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.