All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionFiddle music is a firm part of the American folk tradition, yet little has been available in formal tation. This collection, based on recordings and tes made by R. P. Christeson over three decades, offers reliable scores for 245 traditional fiddle tunes as played by artists in the Midlands and the Southwest. In this volume Christeson presents the scores for traditional tunes as played by thirty-three different fiddlers from nine states. Many of the tunes, divided into categories of breakdowns, waltzes, quadrilles, and pieces, have never been published r appeared on commercial recordings.
- Author BiographyAbout the EditorR. P. Christeson began playing the fiddle as a boy in Dixon, Missouri. He started collecting commercial recordings of fiddle music in 1933 and started making live field recordings in 1947. Always in search of the least-altered version of a fiddle tune, Christeson traveled the country to attend fiddlers contests and visited individual fiddlers to record their music. This book was born out of his belief that the traditional folk arts of the American people should be preserved and documented while they still may be.
- PublisherUniversity of Missouri Press
- Date of Publication15/12/1984
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationMissouri
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Missouri Press
- Content Notemus.exs.
- Weight680 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byR. P. Christeson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.