All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>The acclaimed author of <i>The Wild Places</i> examines the subtle ways we are shaped by the landscapes through which we move</b> In this exquisitely written book, which folds together natural history, cartography, geology, and literature, Robert Macfarlane sets off to follow the ancient routes that crisscross both the landscape of the British Isles and its waters and territories beyond. The result is an immersive, enthralling exploration of the voices that haunt old paths and the stories our tracks tell. Macfarlane s journeys take him from the chalk downs of England to the bird islands of the Scottish rthwest, from Palestine to the sacred landscapes of Spain and the Himalayas. He matches strides with the footprints made by a man five thousand years ago near Liverpool, sails an open boat far out into the Atlantic at night, and commingles with walkers of many kinds, discovering that paths offer a means t just of traversing space but also of feeling, kwing, and thinking.
- Author Biography<b>Robert Macfarlane</b> is a fellow of Emmanuel College, Cambridge, and has contributed to the <i>New York Times Book Review</i>, the <i>Wall Street Journal</i>, and <i>Harper s</i> as well as the <i>Times Literary Supplement</i> and the <i>London Review of Books</i>. He lives in Cambridge, England.
- Author(s)Senior Lecturer in Geography and Environmental Management Robert MacFarlane
- PublisherPenguin Books
- Date of Publication24/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width142 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.