All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThe Olympics: The Basics is an accessible, contemporary introduction to the Olympic movement and Games. Chapters explain how the Olympics transcend sports, engaging us with a range of contemporary philosophical, social, cultural and political matters, including: peace development and diplomacy management and economics corruption, terror and activism the rise of human enhancement ethics and environmentalism. This book explores the controversy and the legacy of the Olympics, drawing attention to the deeper values of Olympism, as the Olympic movement's most valuable intellectual property. This engaging, lively, and often challenging book, is essential reading for newcomers to Olympic studies and offers new insights for Olympic scholars.
- Author BiographyProfessor Andy Miah (@andymiah) is Director of the Creative Futures Research Centre at the University of the West of Scotland. Dr Beatriz Garcia (@beatriz_garcia) is Head of Research at the Institute of Cultural Capital, University of Liverpool.
- Author(s)Andy Miah,Beatriz Garcia
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/01/2012
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Series TitleThe Basics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.