All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $39.39Free postage
- AU $39.36Free postage
- AU $42.62Free postage
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.61Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.75Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.76Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.41
About this product
- Description<b>A deluxe hardcover edition of the world s greatest fantasy classic part of Penguin Galaxy, a collectible series of six sci-fi/fantasy classics, featuring a series introduction by Neil Gaiman</b> T. H. White s masterful retelling of the saga of King Arthur is a fantasy classic as legendary as the sword Excalibur and city of Camelot that are found within its pages. This magical epic takes Arthur from the glorious lyrical phase of his youth, through the disillusioning early years of his reign, to maturity when his vision of the Round Table develops into the search for the Holy Grail, and finally to his weary old age. With memorable characters like Merlin and Owl and Guinevere, beasts who talk and men who fly, wizardry and war, <i>The Once and Future King</i> has become the fantasy masterpiece against which all others are judged, a poignant story of adventure, romance, and magic that has enchanted readers for generations. <b>Penguin Galaxy</b> Six of our greatest masterworks of science fiction and fantasy, in dazzling collector-worthy hardcover editions, and featuring a series introduction by #1 <i>New York Times </i>bestselling author Neil Gaiman, Penguin Galaxy represents a constellation of achievement in visionary fiction, lighting the way toward our kwledge of the universe, and of ourselves. From historical legends to mythic futures, monuments of world-building to mind-bending dystopias, these touchstones of human invention and storytelling ingenuity have transported millions of readers to distant realms, and will continue for generations to chart the frontiers of the imagination. <i>The Once and Future King </i>by T. H. White <i>Stranger in a Strange Land </i>by Robert A. Heinlein <i>Dune </i>by Frank Herbert <i>2001: A Space Odyssey </i>by Arthur C. Clarke <i>The Left Hand of Darkness </i>by Ursula K. Le Guin <i>Neuromancer </i>by William Gibson For more than seventy years, Penguin has been the leading publisher of classic literature in the English-speaking world. With more than 1,700 titles, Penguin Classics represents a global bookshelf of the best works throughout history and across genres and disciplines. Readers trust the series to provide authoritative texts enhanced by introductions and tes by distinguished scholars and contemporary authors, as well as up-to-date translations by award-winning translators.
- Author Biography<b>T. H. White</b> (1906 1964) was born in Bombay, India. He began to write after graduating with distinction from Queen s College, Cambridge. In 1938 he published <i>The Sword in the Stone</i>, the first volume in what would become his epic retelling of Arthurian legends, <i>The Once and Future King</i>. <b>Neil Gaiman</b> (series introduction) is the #1 <i>New York Times</i> bestselling author of more than twenty books for readers of all ages, including <i>American Gods</i>, <i>The Ocean at the End of the Lane</i>, <i>The Graveyard Book</i>, <i>Coraline</i>, and the Sandman series of graphic novels. He is Professor in the Arts at Bard College. <b>Alex Trochut</b> (cover designer) is an award-winning artist, graphic designer, illustrator, and typographer. He has designed for <i>The New York Times, The Guardian, </i> Nike, Adidas, The Rolling Stones, Coca-Cola, and Pepsi and was nominated for a 2016 Grammy Award for Best Recording Package. Born in Barcelona, Spain, he lives in Brooklyn.
- Author(s)T H White
- PublisherPenguin Books
- Date of Publication25/10/2016
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitlePenguin Galaxy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Books
- Weight953 g
- Width147 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Introduction byNeil Gaiman
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.