All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.78
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.45
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $14.87
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.74
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $22.68Trending at AU $25.96
- AU $9.42Trending at AU $13.78
About this product
- Description#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER Emily Giffin, the beloved author of such vels as Something Borrowed and Where We Belong, returns with an extraordinary story of love and loyalty--and an unconventional heroine struggling to reconcile both. Thirty-three-year-old Shea Rigsby has spent her entire life in Walker, Texas--a small college town that lives and dies by football, a passion she unabashedly shares. Raised alongside her best friend, Lucy, the daughter of Walker's legendary head coach, Clive Carr, Shea was too devoted to her hometown team to leave. Instead she stayed in Walker for college, even taking a job in the university athletic department after graduation, where she has remained for more than a decade. But when an unexpected tragedy strikes the tight-knit Walker community, Shea's comfortable world is upended, and she begins to wonder if the life she's chosen is really eugh for her. As she finally gives up her safety net to set out on an unexpected path, Shea discovers unsettling truths about the people and things she has always trusted most--and is forced to confront her deepest desires, fears, and secrets. Thoughtful, funny, and brilliantly observed, The One & Only is a lumius vel about finding your passion, following your heart, and, most of all, believing in something bigger than yourself . . . the one and only thing that truly makes life worth living. Praise for The One & Only [Giffin's] protagonists . . . live full, interesting lives outside the purely personal realm--[ne] more so than Shea Rigsby, the funny, flawed, but sympathetic central character in . . . The One & Only. -- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution [ The One & Only ] is a book you can glide through this summer. Find a shady spot, get a cool drink, and just luxuriate in the joy of a book well written. -- The Huffington Post Giffin kws a thing or two about writing a page turner. -- Southern Living Brace yourself for a tearjerker: A tale of friendship and loyalty in a small, football-crazed Texas town shows how quickly things can change when tragedy challenges all that the characters hold dear. -- InStyle The One & Only is one to read. --Associated Press Something Borrowed 's author weaves a complex romance. -- Us Weekly Praise for Emily Giffin Emily Giffin ranks as a grand master. . . . She has traversed the slippery slopes of true love, lost love, marriage, motherhood, betrayal, forgiveness and redemption that have led her to be called 'a modern-day Jane Austen.' --Chicago Sun-Times Giffin's writing is true, smart, and heartfelt. -- Entertainment Weekly A dependably down-to-earth, girlfriendly storyteller. --The New York Times Giffin's talent lies in taking relatable situations and injecting eugh wit and suspense to make them feel fresh. --People When it comes to writing stories that resonate with real women, bestselling author Emily Giffin has hit her stride. --San Francisco Chronicle From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyEmily Giffin is the author of six New York Times bestselling novels: Something Borrowed, Something Blue, Baby Proof, Love the One You're With, Heart of the Matter, and Where We Belong. A graduate of Wake Forest University and the University of Virginia School of Law, she lives in Atlanta lives with her husband and three young children. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Emily Giffin
- PublisherTurtleback Books
- Date of Publication24/03/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTurtleback Books
- Weight431 g
- Width140 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.