All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThe One Who Is To Come begins with a linguistic discussion of the term messiah, then demonstrates the gradual emergence of the idea of a future, dynasty-continuing David, before finally examining the ainted one language in the latest biblical text, Daniel 9 . It also examines the use of the term in the Septuagint and extrabiblical Jewish writings, as well as the New Testament, Targums, and the Mishnah. Fitzmyer's masterful study presents a vel, biblical thesis that will appeal to scholars, students, and all who wish to investigate the complex history of messianism.
- Author BiographyJoseph Fitzmyer is Professor Emeritus of Biblical Studies at the Catholic University of America. He is the author of over 40 books including The Dead Sea Scrolls and Christian Origins and Spiritual Exercises Based on Paul's Epistle to the Romans, both published by Eerdmans.
- Author(s)Joseph A. Fitzmyer
- PublisherWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Date of Publication01/11/2006
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Weight308 g
- Width152 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.