All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat do you miss when you don't have siblings? Former Children's Laureate and much-loved author Anne Fine aims to find out in this perfectly observed story of human behaviour. From the author of Bill's New Frock comes a gentle, humorous illustrated chapter book about the pros and cons of being an only child. Ryan wants to start a club. An Only Child Club. He kws that as an only child he doesn't always have the same experiences as some of his classmates. He recruits two similarly deprived friends who join him in an experimental few days of constant bickering, fighting over who gets the free gift from the cereal box and spending a whole day making a model, only to have it destroyed. Having had a taste of what it's like to have siblings, the trio begin to realize that friends can be nearly as good as brothers and sisters - and often less anying!
- Author BiographyFormer Children's Laureate Anne Fine has won the Smarties Book Prize, the Guardian Children's Fiction Award and the Carnegie Medal (twice), and has twice been voted Children's Author of the Year. Her books include The Jamie and Angus Stories, Jamie and Angus Together, Jamie and Angus Forever, The Haunting of Pip Parker, How to Cross the Road and Not Turn Into a Pizza, Care of Henry, Under a Silver Moon, The Nag Club and The Party Club. She is the author of Madame Doubtfire, which was made into the film Mrs Doubtfire, and also writes for adults. She lives in Barnard Castle, County Durham.
- Author(s)Anne Fine
- PublisherWalker Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/03/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWalker Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (black and white)
- Weight59 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Arthur Robins
- Interest AgeFrom 5
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.59
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.94
- AU $8.88Trending at AU $13.87
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.72
- AU $11.83Trending at AU $17.55
- AU $32.94Trending at AU $34.46
- AU $8.45Trending at AU $13.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.